I don’t learn about you however this complete quarantine factor has me ridiculously enthusiastic about breakfast each morning. I deal with it as a bit of journey the place daily I’ve to peek into my fridge or pantry and discover one thing new and thrilling to make. I imply, who doesn’t love mixing it up?!
These carrot cake pancakes had been a results of me discovering carrots in my fridge and oats within the pantry — and admittedly impressed by my obsession with all issues carrot cake together with: carrot cake smoothie, wholesome carrot cake muffins, the finest wholesome carrot cake (it’s gluten free), carrot cake oatmeal cups, carrot cake cookies and now, these ridiculously scrumptious wholesome carrot cake pancakes!
Simply name me the carrot cake queen plz.
Pancake batter made proper within the blender
What I like about these carrot cake pancakes is how easy they’re to whip up. You simply want a blender, just a few pantry staples and a nonstick pan. Add all of the components minus the mix-ins to a blender and also you’ve acquired your self a simple carrot cake pancake batter that’s made with none flour — simply oats! Yum.
Be happy to attempt a few of my different reader favourite blender pancake recipes that use minimal pantry staples:
Every little thing you want to make carrot cake pancakes
These wholesome carrot cake pancakes are made with tremendous easy components that preserve them gluten free, dairy free and filled with each fruits & veggies—making them good for youths! Listed here are the components you want:
- Unsweetened applesauce: applesauce retains these pancakes tremendous moist and flavorful, and provides a contact of pure sweetness from fruit.
- Eggs: these will assist your carrot cake pancakes keep collectively properly. I haven’t examined with a flax egg however let me know for those who give it a attempt!
- Unsweetened almond milk: for added moisture. Please notice that you should use any milk you need on this recipe!
- Maple syrup: so as to add a pure sweetness. Be happy to make use of coconut sugar or honey as effectively.
- Rolled oats: quaint rolled oats make the pancakes good and hearty! Be happy to make use of gluten free rolled oats, however don’t use metal lower oats.
- Baking powder: to make the pancakes tremendous fluffy.
- Spices: I used cinnamon & nutmeg on this recipe for a comfy carrot cake flavaaaa.
- Salt: only a pinch to carry the flavors collectively.
- Shredded carrots: for that tremendous carrot cake taste plus a sneaky increase of veggies!
- Chopped walnuts: walnuts add a bit of crunch plus omega-3s in each chunk. Be happy to make use of pecans as a substitute for those who’d like.
- Raisins: love a great carrot cake with raisins. Completely non-obligatory, however they make these pancakes additional scrumptious!
Easy ingredient swaps
I like that these carrot cake pancakes are filled with fridge and pantry staples, however for those who’re out of something right here’s what I can counsel for swaps:
- Out of applesauce? Be happy to sub in a mashed ripe banana.
- Swap your sweetener. As a substitute of maple syrup, you can even use coconut sugar or honey.
- Select your milk. I wish to preserve these pancakes dairy free by utilizing unsweetened almond milk, however be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like.
- Go nut free. The walnuts and/or pecans add a scrumptious crunch, however you possibly can simply omit them!
Can I make them vegan?
I haven’t examined these carrot cake pancakes with flax eggs, however let me know within the feedback for those who do!
Methods to make carrot cake pancakes within the blender
The most effective half about this carrot cake pancakes is how straightforward they’re to make proper in your blender! Remember to take a look at my finest suggestions & tips for making pancakes, too.
- Mix the bottom. Place your entire components in addition to the mix-ins right into a blender and mix till clean, about 1 minute.
- Add the mix-ins. Stir in your shredded carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- Cook dinner one aspect. Add olive oil, coconut oil or vegan butter to a griddle or giant nonstick pan and place over medium warmth. Add carrot cake pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time and use a spoon to unfold it out a bit into circles. Cook dinner for about 2-4 minutes or till golden brown and tiny bubbles seem across the edges.
- Flip these infants & repeat. Flip pancakes and prepare dinner till golden brown on underside. If you happen to discover that pancakes are browning too rapidly, then you want to decrease the warmth. I usually begin on medium warmth, then scale back to medium low later in order that my pancakes don’t burn. If at any level your griddle begins smoking, it means your pan is just too sizzling. Wipe skillet clear and repeat with extra oil and remaining batter.
- Serve & take pleasure in! Serve pancakes with almond butter, cream cheese or yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup!
Make forward & preserve pancakes heat
You too can make these gluten free carrot cake pancakes forward of time and preserve them heat within the oven. Merely place oven at 200 levels F, then add pancakes to a baking sheet or oven-safe plate and place within the oven till able to serve.
Methods to freeze pancakes
If you wish to make your carrot cake pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date, you possibly can place the pancakes on a baking sheet in order that they aren’t touching and place within the freezer for half-hour, then place them in freezer protected containers and freeze for as much as 3 months. As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Get all of our kitchen necessities right here!
Extra carrot cake recipes to attempt
Searching for extra carrot cake recipes? Get all of ours right here!
I do know you’re going to like these wholesome carrot cake pancakes! Please let me know for those who make it by leaving a remark and score the recipe under. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! Take pleasure in xo!
Wholesome Carrot Cake Pancakes
Fluffy, wholesome carrot cake pancakes made proper in your blender with scrumptious spices. These straightforward carrot cake pancakes are dairy free, naturally sweetened and filled with yummy mix-ins like walnuts and raisins. High with almond butter, cream cheese or yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup for a beautiful, cozy breakfast!
unsweetened almond milk (or milk of selection)
pure maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar or honey)
quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
shredded carrots (shred with a cheese grater)
chopped walnuts or pecans
- For cooking:
- Olive oil or coconut oil, for cooking
Add the entire components (in addition to the carrots, walnuts and raisins) to a blender and mix on excessive till fully clean, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir within the carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins (DO NOT BLEND).
Calmly coat a griddle with coconut oil or olive oil and place over a medium warmth. As soon as the pan is sizzling, add about 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for every pancake and use a spoon to unfold them out a bit into circles; prepare dinner for 2-4 minutes till pancakes barely puff up and also you see just a few bubbles alongside the perimeters.
Flip desserts and prepare dinner till golden brown on underside. If you happen to discover that pancakes are browning too rapidly, then you want to decrease the warmth. I usually begin on medium warmth, then scale back to medium low later in order that my pancakes do not burn. If at any level your griddle begins smoking, it means your pan is just too sizzling.
Wipe skillet clear and repeat with extra oil and remaining batter. Makes 6 pancakes complete. Serves 3, 2 pancakes every.
I like topping these pancakes with almond butter or cream cheese and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. You too can high them with yogurt! Yum.
To freeze pancakes: if you wish to make your carrot cake pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date, you possibly can place the pancakes on a baking sheet in order that they aren’t touching and place within the freezer for half-hour, then place them in freezer protected containers and freeze for as much as 3 months. As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Servings: 3 servings
Serving dimension: 2 pancakes
Saturated fats: 1.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
Recipe initially printed March thirtieth, 2020, republished March twenty third, 2021, and republished once more April ninth, 2022.