Love carrot cake? Then you definately HAVE to attempt these wholesome carrot muffins! Moist, tender, and warmly spiced, they are a scrumptious breakfast or on-the-go snack.
These carrot muffins mix two of my favourite issues: carrot cake and muffins! They’re precisely what I wish to eat on a spring morning (or any morning, actually). They’re moist, warmly spiced, and studded with chewy raisins and crunchy walnuts. Critically, who wouldn’t wish to begin their day with certainly one of these?
Should you want a bit of last-minute one thing to spherical out your Easter menu tomorrow, I feel these carrot muffins can be good. However for those who don’t have a good time Easter, or in case your menu is all set to go, I hope you’ll discover a time to make them anyway. I like all of the muffin recipes we have now on the weblog, however this one may simply be my favourite. Fingers crossed you adore it too!
Carrot Muffins Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this carrot muffin recipe:
- Carrots, in fact! They make the muffins tremendous moist and add candy, earthy carrot cake taste. Shred them on the big holes of a field grater.
- All-purpose flour, complete wheat flour, and almond flour – Entire wheat flour offers the muffins an entire grain punch, whereas the all-purpose and almond flours make them moist and tender.
- Baking powder and eggs – They assist the muffins puff up as they bake.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla – They add heat, spiced depth of taste.
- Almond milk – Or any milk you want! My do-it-yourself oat milk would work nicely right here too.
- Avocado oil – Should you don’t maintain avocado oil readily available, be happy to make use of one other impartial oil right here. Vegetable, grapeseed, or canola oil would work nice.
- Cane sugar – It makes the muffins calmly candy.
- Walnuts – For crunch!
- Raisins – They add chewy texture and candy taste to those wholesome carrot muffins.
- Entire rolled oats – I really like topping my carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, however these carrot muffins? Not a lot. As an alternative, I sprinkle them with oats for a healthful of entirety.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
The best way to Make Carrot Muffins
This carrot muffin recipe is SO easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the batter. Whisk collectively the dry elements in a medium bowl and the moist elements in a big one. Stir the shredded carrots into the moist elements.
Then, add the dry elements to the bowl of moist elements, and stir till simply mixed.
Watch out to not overmix! Should you do, the muffins will likely be dense. Fold within the walnuts and raisins.
Subsequent, divide the batter into the muffin cups. Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to portion the batter right into a greased muffin tin. Sprinkle the oats on prime of the muffins…
And bake! Switch the muffins to a 400°F oven, and bake till the tops spring again to the contact, or till a toothpick inserted into the facilities of the muffins comes out clear. Allow them to cool within the pan for 10 minutes, after which switch them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
That’s it! Get pleasure from these carrot muffins on their very own for breakfast or a snack, or serve them as half of a bigger brunch. They pair properly with savory breakfast fare like a frittata, a breakfast casserole, or scrambled eggs and a giant bowl of contemporary fruit. When you’ve got any carrot muffins leftover, retailer them at room temperature for as much as 2 days. After that, pop them within the freezer. They thaw completely for an on-the-go breakfast or wholesome snack!
Extra Favourite Muffin Recipes
Should you love these carrot muffins, attempt certainly one of these straightforward muffin recipes subsequent:
These wholesome carrot muffins are a scrumptious breakfast or snack! They’re moist, fluffy, and warmly spiced. They maintain nicely at room temperature for as much as 2 days. After that, pop them within the freezer. They thaw completely!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¾ cup complete wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup almond flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup avocado oil or impartial oil
- 2 giant eggs
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup complete rolled oats, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the almond milk, oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir within the carrots.
Pour the dry elements into the bowl of moist elements and stir to mix. Fold within the walnuts and raisins. Use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 16 to twenty minutes, or till the muffin tops spring again to the contact. Let cool for 10 minutes, after which switch to a wire rack to chill utterly.