Any time you find yourself with some leftover ham, make this tasty Deviled Ham Unfold that’s tremendous low in carbs and loaded with taste! This submit has 4 scrumptious methods to eat your deviled ham for a low-carb lunch, appetizer, or snack; take pleasure in!
After I purchase ham for a vacation meal I normally have leftover ham, and for years now this Deviled Ham Unfold has been one among my favourite issues to make with leftover ham! I like to eat the deviled ham stuffed inside Low-Carb Pita Bread for a fast and simple lunch choice that I by no means get uninterested in.
I like the ham unfold pita sandwiches a lot that via the years I discovered myself making deviled ham even after I didn’t have leftover ham, doubling the recipe to make use of a type of ham steaks that are available a three-pack at Costco. And over time I additionally began including a little bit of chopped onion or inexperienced onion, some finely chopped celery, and just a bit little bit of fresh-squeezed lemon juice to the recipe.
And in truth, the unique photographs for this recipe had been a bit dismal, so at this time I’m updating my recipe with some enhancements, new photographs, and 4 scrumptious low-carb choices for utilizing the deviled ham! When you’ve by no means made one thing like this at residence, belief me, it’s so scrumptious!
What components do you want?
Do you have to use onion or inexperienced onion for deviled ham unfold?
I actually just like the finely minced contemporary onion on this recipe. However when you’re going to be holding it within the fridge for a couple of days, I’ve discovered that the chopped contemporary onion makes the onion taste intensify the longer it’s saved. So when you make the entire recipe from a pound of leftover ham, I like to recommend utilizing thinly-sliced inexperienced onion for the onion taste.
What when you don’t have a complete pound of leftover ham?
The deviled ham recipe can simply be reduce in half when you don’t have that a lot ham; see these measurements to make half as a lot within the recipe, after the directions.
How spicy is that this deviled ham recipe?
There are a couple of spicy components on this recipe like horseradish, Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce, and Dijon Mustard. When you’re undecided how spicy you’ll need it, I like to recommend you begin by including half as a lot of any of these components after which tasting to see whether or not you need to add the complete quantity.
Find out how to Make Deviled Ham Unfold:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary info.)
- For the up to date recipe I used a type of ham steaks that are available a three-pack from Costco. When you don’t have leftover ham, you may also get one pound of thick-sliced ham from the deli.
- I trimmed off the rind after which reduce the ham into small cubes, and added them to the meals processor.
- I wished a fantastic combination so I pulsed the ham within the meals processor only a few occasions for smallish chunks of ham.
- I like so as to add finely chop celery and onion or inexperienced onion for a slight crunch. (When you’re storing the deviled ham within the fridge for a couple of days I like to recommend inexperienced onion; the uncooked onion will get stronger the longer the ham is saved.)
- Take away ham from meals processor and add to a bowl. Add all the opposite components and blend collectively.
- (You’ll be able to in all probability additionally mix all of the components within the meals processor when you’re cautious to not course of an excessive amount of, however I just like the completed combination to remain barely chunky so I desire utilizing a bowl.)
- The completed product received’t win any magnificence contests, but it surely does style nice. I saved it within the fridge in a snap-tight container and loved consuming it for a couple of week. (Mine was all eaten by then however I’m guessing it will final a bit longer.)
- And my primary method to make use of deviled ham is to place about 1/4 cup of the ham salad combination into Joseph’s Low-Carb Pita Bread (affiliate hyperlink) with some shredded romaine lettuce. It is a fast and simple lunch I’d by no means get uninterested in!
- Hold studying for the opposite concepts for utilizing it!
Low-Carb Concepts for utilizing Deviled Ham Unfold:
- For certain the way in which I take advantage of this ham unfold essentially the most is stuffed inside my favourite Low-Carb Pita Bread with some shredded lettuce to ham a pita sandwich. I reduce the pita in half, separate the 2 halves, and toast it for a minute or so earlier than stuffing it.
- We beloved the thought of utilizing this stuffed inside cucumber slices for a deviled ham appetizer. Take a look at Cucumber Hummus Appetizer Bites to see the melon baller we used to make a gap in every cucumber slice.
- The deviled ham was wonderful stuffed inside celery! It is a snack I’d by no means get uninterested in.
- And this ham unfold was additionally a scrumptious choice to eat with low-carb crackers. The photograph reveals it served with Inno Meals Keto Crackers (affiliate hyperlink), however use any low-carb cracker you like. (When you store at Costco, you would possibly discover these crackers there!)
- After all when you’re not watching carbs fairly a lot, the ham unfold is scrumptious made right into a sandwich!
Extra Recipes utilizing Leftover Ham:
Take a look at my assortment of Low-Carb and Keto Leftover Ham Recipes for extra tasty concepts to make use of up leftover ham everytime you’re fortunate sufficient to get some.
- 1 lb. coarsely chopped ham
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T horseradish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce (or different sizzling sauce of your selection)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or inexperienced onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery (about one massive stalk of celery)
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Whether or not you might be utilizing leftover ham or a ham steak, trim ham properly if there may be any seen fats or rind.
- Then reduce the ham into small cubes and add to the meals processor with the metal blade.
- I solely buzz the ham cubes a couple of occasions, till ham is in small, uniform measurement items. (Watch out to not buzz an excessive amount of; you need it to remain barely chunky.)
- Chop up the onion and celery, or I like to recommend utilizing inexperienced onion if you are going to be storing your ham within the fridge for a couple of days.
- Take away ham from the meals processor right into a bowl and add mayo, Dijon mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Inexperienced Tabasco, chopped onion or inexperienced onion, chopped celery, and contemporary squeezed lemon juice.
- Stir components collectively till they’re all mixed.
- (You can too add the opposite components to the meals course of and pulse a couple of occasions, however I prefer to preserve the feel of the deviled ham a bit chunky, so I desire mixing it in a bowl.)
- Serve ham unfold as a filling for Low-Carb Pita Bread, stuffed into celery, as an appetizer inside cucumber slices, or with low-carb crackers.
- This may preserve within the fridge for at the very least per week. (It in all probability lasts longer than that however I have not ever managed to have any left after per week to see how for much longer it should keep good!)
Components to Make Half as A lot Deviled Ham:
1/2 lb. ham
1/3 cup mayo
1 T Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped onion or inexperienced onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 1/2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 147Complete Fats: 12gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 27mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
Diet info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seashore Food regimen Recommendations::
This deviled ham unfold is tremendous low in carbs, and it’s nice stuffed into Low-Carb Pita Bread could be a pleasant deal with for a low-carb lunch. The choices for ham and cucumber appetizers, celery full of deviled ham, and ham unfold eaten with Keto crackers could be good for Keto. Ham must be low in fats to be acceptable for the unique South Seashore Food regimen, and South Seashore would additionally advocate reduced-fat mayo for this recipe.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Lunch Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food regimen Kind Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2009! I made it many occasions via the years and in 2022 the recipe was up to date to the model that advanced as I experimented with it, with enormously improved photographs!
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.