Each time you’ve leftover hard-boiled eggs, make egg salad after which make these Egg Salad Breakfast Quesadillas. I take advantage of low-carb tortillas to make this a breakfast quesadilla concept that’s fairly low in carbs.
Plenty of persons are studying my put up about making excellent hard-boiled eggs, so I can inform that left-over hard-boiled eggs are going to be on the menu after Easter. That makes it the right time so that you can do that recipe for Egg Salad Breakfast Quesadillas! I’ve made loads of quesadilla utilizing my favourite Mission Carb Stability Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink), however this could be probably the most distinctive concept I’ve seen for quesadillas, they usually have been scrumptious! And if you happen to use these tortillas, or any low-carb tortilla of your alternative, this might be excellent for a low-carb meal!
The recipe was despatched to me by somebody who reads Kalyn’s Kitchen. I assumed this was a scrumptious new breakfast concept, however I can’t discover the unique e-mail, so I hope the one who shared it’ll see this put up and go away a remark so we will correctly thank them. I calculated the dietary data based mostly on an entire quesadilla, however half of 1 these quesadillas could be sufficient for me for a tasty breakfast!
What components do you want for this recipe?
- onerous boiled eggs
- Mission Carb Stability Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink), or different low-carb tortilla
- Dijon mustard
- finely chopped inexperienced onion
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), or different all-purpose seasoning mix
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- finely grated cheese
Which low-carb tortillas did I take advantage of for the breakfast quesadillas?
I used Mission Carb Stability Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) that are positively my favourite low-carb tortillas to make this a low-carb breakfast. (You might additionally eat the tasty egg salad in lettuce wraps if you happen to needed it to be Keto or gluten-free.) I used white Mission Carb Stability Tortillas smooth taco dimension (and the newer model of that product has solely 4 web carbs per tortilla), however regardless of which Mission Carb Stability Tortilla you select, it is going to be fairly low in carbs!
The best way to make the Egg Salad Breakfast Quesadillas:
(Scroll down for full recipe together with dietary data.)
- Begin by chopping completely boiled eggs into items about 1/2 inch. You’ll want about two eggs for every quesadilla you’re planning to make.
- You’ll additionally want grated cheese, mayo-mustard combination, and sliced inexperienced onions.
- Combine 1/4 cup grated cheese, mayo, mustard, inexperienced onions, Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), salt, and pepper into the eggs.
- It’s a private desire, however I like to combine the egg salad combination gently, in order that it’s nonetheless pretty chunky whenever you’re able to unfold this into the tortillas. Test after the recipe for extra egg salad concepts if you happen to’d prefer to be adventurous.
- These are the low-carb tortillas I used, and this model now has solely 4 web carbs per tortilla.
- Unfold some butter or spray olive oil on the underside tortilla.
- Then put tortilla right into a non-stick frying pan over medium warmth and sprinkle with just a little cheese. (The cheese above and beneath the egg salad combination helps it stick collectively.)
- Then put one-half of the egg salad combination on the tortilla and unfold round, not going clear to the sting.
- Sprinkle the egg-salad combination with just a little extra cheese. (Someway I didn’t get a photograph of that, oops!)
- Unfold butter or spray the second tortilla and lay it on the highest.
- Prepare dinner over medium warmth till the underside is properly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Flip over rigorously and cook dinner about 5 minutes on the second facet.
- Minimize every quesadilla in half and serve sizzling.
- That is nice with salsa and bitter cream to dip into on the desk!
Extra Variations on Egg Salad:
Avocado Egg Salad from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Straightforward Egg Salad from Pinch My Salt
Egg Salad in Pita with Inexperienced Olives and Dijon from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Egg Salad Sandwich from Merely Recipes
- 4 onerous boiled eggs
- 4 Mission Carb Stability Tortillas (see notes)
- 1 T butter for spreading on tortillas
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 T mayo
- 2 T finely chopped inexperienced onion
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (see notes)
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- 3/4 cup finely grated cheese, divided (see notes)
- Observe directions for making excellent hard-boiled eggs. Let eggs cool sufficient to deal with, then peel and minimize into items about 1/2 inch and put in a bowl.
- Combine the Dijon and mayo, slice inexperienced onions, and measure 3/4 cup grated cheese.
- Then combine the mayo combination, inexperienced onions, 1/4 cup grated cheese, and Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) into the eggs and season to style with salt and pepper.
- Unfold butter or spray olive oil on backside facet of two tortillas.
- Put one tortilla right into a non-stick pan and switch warmth to medium.
- Sprinkle tortilla with a 2 T of the cheese, then unfold egg salad combination over the cheese not going clear to the sting of the tortilla so it doesn’t fall out whereas quesadillas are cooking.
- High egg combination with 2 T extra grated cheese, then put a second tortilla that’s unfold on prime with butter or sprayed with oil over the cheese.
- Prepare dinner quesadillas about 5 minutes per facet, or till cheese is melted and they’re barely browned. (I’d elevate up the sting and examine after a couple of minutes.)
- Minimize quesadillas in half and serve sizzling, with salsa and bitter cream on the facet if desired.
- Half of certainly one of these quesadillas could be a full serving for some folks.
The Mission Carb Stability Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) had solely 4 web carbs per tortilla. I like Spike Seasoning, however use any all-purpose seasoning you’ve. I used a Mexican Cheese Mix from Costco for this recipe.
Dietary data is calculated based mostly on the low-carb tortillas I used.
Recipe shared with me by a Kalyn’s Kitchen reader.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 666Complete Fats: 52gSaturated Fats: 19gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 28gLdl cholesterol: 439mgSodium: 2025mgCarbohydrates: 42.2gFiber: 30.7gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 33g
Diet data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seashore Weight loss plan Recommendations:
With low-carb tortillas like I used, this recipe is nice for low-glycemic or low-carb consuming plans. The tortillas do have flour, so that is Section Two for the South Seashore Weight loss plan and it’s not gluten-free or Keto.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to search out extra recipes with eggs! Use the Recipes by Weight loss plan Kind index to search out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to Observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2008, when a reader despatched me the recipe. It was final up to date in 2021.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.