Add juicy, savory flavors to your subsequent steak by making this straightforward steak marinade. This scrumptious steak marinade is made with Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and a contact of lemon.
The Greatest Steak Marinade
There’s nothing higher than a completely cooked steak. Particularly if that steak is deliciously seasoned or marinated beforehand to deliver out all the juicy flavors of the steak.
We love this straightforward steak marinade as a result of it’s made with easy components, however provides large taste. This marinade is. a mixture of sugar, salt, and a little bit citrus that leaves you with tender, flavorful, and juicy steak.
Why marinate your steak?
Tenderize: marinating your steaks in ctirus and/or a vinegar-based product will assist tenderize the meat.
Add taste: this marinade will infuse your beef with tons of juicy flavors, complimenting the steak’s pure flavors.
Substances You Want
What components go in steak marinade? There are some primary components which are often the bottom of steak marinade and we have now added our personal twist, too! Right here is all the pieces you want.
- Worcestershire sauce– many steak marinades have Worcestershire in them as a result of it’s a vinegar-based sauce that has components like anchovies, garlic, tamarind, and different components that make a salty sauce that goes completely with steak.
- Balsamic vinegar– a little bit sugar to steadiness out the saltiness of this marinade comes from the balsamic vinegar.
- Minced garlic– including contemporary garlic to any marinade provides a lot taste. We don’t advocate subbing garlic powder.
- Olive oil– the olive oil binds all the steak marinade components collectively.
- Lemon juice– a little bit of lemon juice lightens up this marinade and aids in tenderizing the steak earlier than you prepare dinner it.
- Lemon pepper– including some lemon pepper to this marinade brings out the lemon taste within the marinade.
What sort of steak ought to I exploit?
There are lots of completely different cuts of steak on the market and you’ll marinate any lower of steak within the marinade. We have now personally used this steak marinade with the next cuts of meat:
Listed below are different cuts of beef you should use.
This steak marinade will tenderize any of the steaks beneath.
- New York Strip
- Filet mignon
- Skirt steak
How lengthy ought to steaks marinate?
You’ll be able to marinate steak for both half-hour to in a single day. The longer you marinate steak the extra tender your steak might be. In contrast to salmon, you possibly can marinate steak for a bit longer with out lemon juice cooking the steak.
prep it forward of time
You’ll be able to add all the components for this steak marinade to a mason jar, shake it up, and retailer it within the fridge to have readily available for marinating steak, rooster, or pork!
Kitchen Instruments for Marinating Steak
If you make this steak marinade you add large taste to your steak, however you don’t want many instruments for this recipe. Right here is all the pieces you want.
The right way to Marinate Steak (3 Steps)
- Mix: merely mix all the components in a bowl or jar and blend to mix.
- Marinate: Place your steak right into a dish or giant gallon-size bag and pour within the marinade. Be sure that all sides are good and coated.
- Let sit: Let steak marinate for a minimum of half-hour or as much as in a single day.
Methods to Cook dinner Steak
Sous Vide Steak
Sous vide steak is the ONLY strategy to eat steak. We’re obsessive about the completely cooked goodness of sous vide steak. It’s as straightforward as 1-2-3.
- Add our Grilled Flank Steak to the menu this summer season! You’ll be able to serve this flank steak by itself, in tacos, and even in fajitas!
- Attempt our Grilled New York Strip (what we utilized in these photographs). We love the fats to protein ratio of this lower of meat and the marinade is so good with this recipe.
Get tender, juicy, completely grilled steak with this “the way to grill steak” publish. We’ll provide the finest ideas and methods for grilling steak like an expert.
When you don’t have a grill, you possibly can simply use a cast-iron skillet or grill pan to sear your steak on excessive warmth after which bake it till it reaches a secure consuming temp.
Steak Inside Temp
Everyone seems to be completely different on the subject of how they like their steak. We’re large followers of a medium-rare steak, however test the interior temperature of your steak when it’s virtually carried out.
Medium Uncommon: 140ºF
Effectively Achieved: 165ºF
Keep in mind, as your steak rests after it’s carried out cooking, the interior temperature will proceed to boost round 5ºF.
The way you put together your steak is all about choice, however marinating your steaks it’s going to assist infuse them with taste and make them ultra-tender.
We advocate marinating your steaks for round half-hour.
Marinating your steaks in citrus or vinegar helps to interrupt down the tendons of the steak, making them tender.
You’ll be able to simply use this steak marinade to marinate any lower of rooster.
The right way to retailer cooked steak
You’ll be able to retailer cooked steak within the fridge for as much as 7 days so long as it’s saved in an hermetic container.
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice (~half juicy lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Mix all the components for the steak marinade collectively in a small bowl or Pyrex and whisk to mix.
- Then, pour the marinade on high of the steaks, take away as a lot air as doable and seal the bag. Squish the marinade round ensuring it coats the steaks.
- Place steaks within the fridge and let marinate for a minimum of half-hour or as much as 2 hours.
- When you’re able to prepare dinner your steaks, comply with our The right way to Grill Steak publish or use any technique you want.
Ideas & Notes
- Vitamin info doesn’t embody steak.
Serving Dimension: 1/4
Ldl cholesterol: 0
Pictures: photographs taken on this publish are by Erin from The Wood Skillet.