Proof that going again to fundamentals doesn’t should style fundamental: Grilled Hen Thighs. Flippantly charred exterior and spectacularly juicy inside, it is a speedy, lip-smacking dinner you’ll pull out all summer season lengthy.
Traditionally, I’ve been a Grilled Hen Breast type of woman, however in the previous couple of years, I’ve seen the sunshine that’s rooster thighs.
- Hen thighs are inherently juicier than rooster breast, making them way more troublesome to dry out.
- Darkish meat has a richer taste than chicken. It’s one of many causes Ben will choose Air Fryer Hen Thighs over Air Fryer Hen Breast each single time.
- Hen thighs are wholesome! Whereas they do have extra fats than rooster breast (why they’re juicier and extra flavorful), they’re nonetheless a wonderful, lean supply of protein that deserves to be in your weight loss plan.
- Additional nutritional vitamins and minerals. General, rooster thighs include extra nutritional vitamins and minerals than rooster breasts.
Within the cooler months, Baked Hen Thighs are one in every of my most frequent options to “HELP! We’d like dinner!”
As quickly because the climate warms, nevertheless, I most sit up for grilled rooster thighs.
They’re quick, easy-breezy, and their flame-kissed taste is one in every of life’s culinary joys.
- It solely takes 8 to 10 minutes to grill boneless rooster thighs on a fuel grill or charcoal grill (flip rooster thighs as soon as midway by way of grilling).
- You need to use any marinade you want. This Hen Thigh Marinade or my basic Hen Marinade are two glorious choices, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite (even store-bought salad teriyaki sauce or salad dressing).
Learn how to Make Grilled Hen Thighs
Grilled rooster thighs are simple, versatile, nutritious, and scrumptious.
We eat them at the least as soon as per week!
- Grilled rooster thighs are delicious on their very own, and you may as well use the leftovers in a wide range of new methods, from salads, to wraps, to quesadillas and extra.
- Be at liberty to scale this recipe for a crowd or make additional for meal prep.
For many who don’t have a grill, I’ve included a recipe adaptation for oven grilled rooster thighs within the FAQs and recipe notes beneath.
- Hen Thighs. Boneless, skinless rooster thighs are a wholesome, flavorful, and fast protein choice. Utilizing skinless thighs helps to maintain the rooster thigh energy low.
- Marinade. Important for probably the most tender, juicy, and flavorful grilled rooster thighs. Whether or not you select to make use of one in every of my scrumptious home made marinades or one other you take pleasure in is as much as you.
- Oil. Oiling your grill grates helps be sure that the rooster doesn’t stick.
- Mix the marinade elements and rooster in a ziptop bag. Marinate rooster for at the least half-hour or as much as 12 hours.
- Clear and oil your grill grates.
- Grill rooster for 8 to 10 minutes at medium-high warmth.
- Flip rooster thighs as soon as midway by way of grilling.
- Let relaxation for at the least 5 minutes. End with herbs and lemon or lime juice. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover rooster in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm rooster in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 12 hours prematurely, add the rooster thighs to the marinade. Refrigerate till you’re able to grill.
What to Serve with Grilled Hen Thighs
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
Grilled rooster thighs have the facility to make any night time (even loopy busy ones!) extra particular and delicious.
I do know you’re going to like them, and I hope they’re a steadfast reply to your personal What’s for dinner???? query too.
Regularly Requested Questions
You solely must flip them as soon as, but when the rooster isn’t finished but and also you need to even out how cooked they’re on either side, you possibly can be at liberty to flip them a few times extra.
I like to recommend marinating rooster for at the least half-hour, however even quarter-hour will work. When you’re capable of refrigerate your rooster and let it marinate longer, I believe 5 to six hours is the right period of time.
It should take about 10 to fifteen minutes to grill bone-in rooster thighs on a fuel grill. Test them with an instantaneous learn thermometer earlier than serving to make sure they’re cooked by way of.
Sure, you can also make oven grilled rooster thighs utilizing an oven secure grill pan. Place the rooster in a single layer in an oiled oven secure grill pan (don’t let the rooster contact). Bake the rooster for about 13 to fifteen minutes, flipping midway by way of. Broil for two to three minutes, till frivolously charred. Cowl and let relaxation 5 to 10 minutes earlier than serving.
In massive ziptop bag, mix all the marinade elements, then add the rooster.
Seal the bag to evenly coat the rooster with the marinade. Place in a pan or bowl to catch any drips. Let the rooster marinate at room temperature for at the least half-hour, or refrigerate to marinate for as much as 12 hours (5 to six hours is right). Even quarter-hour is healthier than nothing!
When able to grill, preheat the grill to medium-high (375 to 400 levels F). In case your rooster has been within the fridge, take away it and permit it to return to room temperature for at the least 10 minutes. Clear and oil the grates.
Place the rooster thighs on the grill presentation (easy) aspect down, shaking off any extra marinade. Cowl the grill and let prepare dinner 4 to five minutes on the primary aspect, then flip. The rooster ought to carry off the grill comparatively simply; whether it is sticking, enable it to prepare dinner one other minute or two, then attempt once more.
Proceed cooking on the opposite aspect for 4 to six minutes extra, or till the rooster is cooked by way of (rooster is taken into account cooked at 165 levels F. I take away mine across the 155/160 diploma F mark and permit the carryover cooking to complete the remaining). DO NOT OVERCOOK or your rooster will probably be dry.
Take away the rooster to a plate, cowl, and let relaxation for at the least 5 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice as desired.
- TO MAKE OVEN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS: Place the rooster in a single layer in an oven-safe grill pan (don’t let the rooster contact). Bake the rooster for about 13 to fifteen minutes, flipping midway by way of. Broil for two to three minutes. Cowl and let relaxation 5 to 10 minutes earlier than serving.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover thighs in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm rooster in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 45gFats: 13gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 215mgPotassium: 678mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 131IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 3mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.