These keto samosas are a low-carb Indian recipe that could be a must-try. With solely 3.7g internet carbs per samosa, we lower out a number of steps to make this samosa recipe simple for novices.
These golden brown samosas will be made with the air fryer, frying pan, skillet, baked, deep-fried, or oven.
A keto-friendly recipe for a scrumptious spicy keto samosa, with out fats head dough or mozzarella cheese.
What’s a samosa?
Samosa is an Indian pastry that’s formed like a triangle and deep-fried. Samosas will be stuffed with meat or greens, however historically they’re stuffed with Aloo which is a potato filling.
The wrapper for these keto samosas is made utilizing my keto roti dough on this web site. Samosas make a wonderful appetizer, snack, or may even be served as a meal. Pair your samosas with my keto butter rooster and keto garlic naan bread for an Indian-inspired keto dinner.
I will be trustworthy: this keto samosa recipe makes use of extra substances than I often use in my recipes. Nevertheless, I did my finest to simplify the substances checklist with out sacrificing any taste.
You can too swap out dried and contemporary substances the place wanted, particularly if one ingredient is available. For instance, I initially supposed to make use of contemporary ginger for this recipe, nevertheless it was out on the market so I went with floor ginger as an alternative.
This model will use coconut flour relatively than almond flour. Plus, the low-carb samosa dough occurs to be naturally gluten-free in addition to grain-free.
Keto aloo filling
See the keto samosa recipe card under for portions. You’ll be able to modify seasoning and spices that fit your choice for curries which are gentle or spicy.
Begin by maxing up a batch of keto Roti dough. Whereas the dough is resting in a medium mixing bowl, you’ll want to make the filling.
To make the filling, warmth the oil in a big skillet on medium warmth. When the oil is scorching add the seasoning (floor cumin seeds, ginger, Garam masala), garlic, and jalapeno to the skillet. Saute for about 1 minute.
Then add the steamed cauliflower, spring onions, coriander, and lemon juice to the skillet. Stir till the filling is totally combined then let it prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes, stirring sometimes.
Take away the filling from the warmth at let it cool utterly whilst you make your samosas wrappers.
Keto samosas wrappers directions
At this level, the samosa dough you made has been resting for some time and it is able to work with. To make the wrappers you’ll want to lower dough into 6 equal parts and roll dough from every part right into a ball.
Place a ball of dough between two sheets of baking parchment paper and roll dough with a rolling pin into a skinny circle concerning the measurement of a facet plate.
Lastly, use a knife to chop every rolled-out dough in half. You’ll find yourself with 12 half circles. Every half circle the wrapper for one samosa.
Trace: Rolling dough right into a circle is one thing that may take apply. If you’re having a tough time I like to recommend utilizing a facet plate and a knife to trim the dough right into a circle.
Filling and folding keto samosas
Begin by laying out one samosa wrapper with the flat lower facet towards the underside. Use your finger to brush water in a line alongside half of the flat lower facet. This can assist the wrapper stick collectively as you fold it.
Subsequent, fold the 2 nook edges as much as kind triangles or a cone. Overlap the corners with the moist edge on prime of the opposite. Pinch the sides closed by firmly urgent the seam down to make sure it sticks and pinch the underside of the cone closed.
Maintain the cone upright and open in your hand with the seam dealing with your palm. Your palm will assist help the seam whilst you add the filling. Equally distribute the filling into every cone till it’s ⅔ of the way in which full.
Utilizing your finger brush water across the inside fringe of the cone. Then press the sides of the cone collectively and fold the underside below to seal the cone and kind a triangular samosa. Ensure the sides are closed completely so no filling leaks out!
Place the samosa down in order that it’s standing up with the sealed backside dealing with down. Repeat till all 12 samosas are stuffed. Then prepare dinner by following the directions under.
Need to strive keto samosa however want an alternate for a sure ingredient? Take a look at the checklist under for suggestions for frequent substitutions.
- Cilantro – not a fan of cilantro or corriander? No drawback! Change it with freshly chopped parsley or omit all of it collectively.
- Cauliflower – cauliflower is used instead of potatoes to make this recipe low-carb. Turnip is one other various for potato you should use though it’s a little larger in carbs than cauliflower.
- Contemporary as an alternative of dried – Use 2 teaspoon contemporary ginger as an alternative of floor ginger, or use 1 teaspoon dried coriander as an alternative of contemporary coriander.
Want options for an alternate substitution? Go away a remark and I am going to do my finest to reply your query.
Making keto samosas within the air fryer will be a number of enjoyable, and it is an excellent recipe to experiment with and make your personal. Beneath are some options of various flavors you possibly can add to a keto samosa.
- Meaty – Add some cooked minced/floor meat to your filling. You’ll be able to merely add it to your filling or exchange half the cauliflower with meat. You would even add shredded rooster.
- Nutty – chopped cashews are utilized in many Indian dishes. Strive including a handful of chopped cashews to your filling.
- Additional Spicy – sprinkle in some scorching spices corresponding to cayenne pepper, crushed crimson pepper flakes, or a little bit of scorching sauce to present your samosas an additional kick.
Want extra low-carb and keto Indian recipes in your life? Take a look at extra of our Indian-inspired keto recipes.
Now you might be able to prepare dinner the keto samosas. Brush the samosas with olive oil and prepare dinner certainly one of 3 methods.
1) Bake within the oven on a baking tray at 190°C/375°F for 15-18 minutes or till the samosas are golden brown.
2) Prepare the samosas in your air fryer basket and air at 190°C/375°F for 7-8 minutes. Relying on the dimensions of your air fryer chances are you’ll have to prepare dinner the samosas in batches.
3) Add an inch of olive oil to a skillet and fry the samosas over medium-high warmth for 3-4 minutes on either side. Solely prepare dinner 3-4 samosas at a time.
How you can prepare dinner samosas within the air fryer
Utilizing an air fryer to prepare dinner keto samosa is fast and simple.
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 190C/375F.
- Spray the wire basket with cooking oil.
- Gently place every samosa into the oiled basket. Guarantee there may be loads of house between them.
- Prepare dinner for 7-8 minutes, open the drawer and switch every samosa.
- You might have to prepare dinner for an additional 2-3 minutes to make sure they’re golden brown on all sides.
- Relying on the dimensions of your air fryer chances are you’ll have to prepare dinner the samosas in batches.
Let the samosas cool for a couple of minutes after cooking and revel in.
In the event you love utilizing your air fryer, I’ve 101 keto air fryer recipes so that you can select from (rooster, pork, floor beef, salmon, greens, and even desserts). Uncover the best way to use your air fryer plus FREE printable air fryer cooking cheat sheets.
A rolling pin is a must have for making samosas so that you could thinly roll out the roti dough. If you do not have a rolling pin a wine bottle can be utilized to roll out the dough.
I used an air fryer to prepare dinner my samosas since they’re historically deep-fried. I like that I solely have to make use of a fraction of the oil when cooking with an air fryer (in comparison with deep frying) and nonetheless get an excellent style.
Alternatively, you possibly can bake your samosas within the oven on a baking sheet and even pan-fry them on the range as proven above.
Raw samosas are finest saved within the freezer (as much as 3 months) till you might be able to prepare dinner them. Be sure you retailer the samosas in an air-tight container or bag that’s freezer secure.
I additionally advocate flash freezing the samosas on a baking sheet earlier than placing all of them collectively in a single container. This can guarantee they do not stick collectively.
Frozen samosas will be cooked whereas nonetheless frozen (it simply takes a bit extra time) or defrosted within the fridge or counter earlier than cooking.
Keto samosas will be very filling and barely can we eat an entire batch in a single sitting. I prefer to freeze my raw samosas and prepare dinner just a few at a time in my air fryer.
You can also make crispy samosas by spraying your samosas with cooking oil earlier than baking within the oven, air fryer, or frying pan. Typically if I desire a crisper samosa I’ll go away the baking powder out of the roti dough. Actually it simply depends upon your choice. Both approach, you’ll quickly make this certainly one of your hottest recipes!
Sure, you possibly can modify the warmth of your samosa filling by including roughly chili powder, chili flakes, garam masala, and even add some finely chopped inexperienced chilies.
Extra keto low-carb Indian recipes
In the event you love spicy meals, you may love all of the unique flavors in these keto-friendly curry recipes.