This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please learn my disclosure.
On this Kudos Diapers Overview I take an sincere have a look at this eco pleasant, natural disposable diaper model – answering all your questions, offering you with the professionals and cons, and serving to you suppose by means of whether or not Kudos Diapers is correct in your child!
For brand spanking new mother and father world wide, choosing the proper diaper model is usually a difficult resolution. With so many firms claiming to have one of the best disposable cotton diapers or one of the best eco diapers available on the market, it’s exhausting to know who to imagine or easy methods to decide the proper diapers for his or her infants.
Sound acquainted? As a diaper trade veteran (with years of expertise within the busy mother or father division), I can relate. After testing diaper manufacturers and intensive analysis, I’ve lastly discovered the holy grail. Now, permit me to introduce you to my favourite diaper model of all time: Kudos Diapers.
What Are Kudos Diapers?
For those who’re not already conscious, the diaper startup Kudos Diapers have shortly taken the disposable diaper world by storm. They’re the brainchild of CEO Amrita Saigal, an MIT alum who efficiently created the very first and solely disposable diaper that enables your child’s bum to the touch solely 100% delicate, sustainable, sensitive-skin-loving cotton (as an alternative of plastic).
Not solely that, however Kudos Diapers are additionally made with 4x extra plant-based supplies than conventional disposable diapers. Their patent-pending DoubleDry™ know-how (extra on that later) boasts not one, however two absorption layers.
For these causes and plenty of extra, Kudos Diapers have been awarded the 2021 Hygienix Innovation Award (aka the non-public hygiene trade’s high award) and have been deemed the #1 most secure diaper available on the market on Irinia Webb’s web site, I Learn Labels For You.
What Are The Supplies In Kudos Diapers?
As mother and father, all of us need to ensure that we’re feeding, bathing, and clothes our infants in nothing however one of the best that our worth level will permit. In terms of choosing the proper diapers in your child, it’s vital to know which supplies are getting used. You’ll be able to consider the anatomy of a Kudos diaper like an onion with six distinct layers:
- High sheet. The outer layer of a Kudos diaper is a high sheet (aka the half that touches your child’s bum) and is produced from 100% cotton. Many mainstream diaper manufacturers make their high sheets with a plastic layer that’s engineered to really feel delicate. Nonetheless, as a result of cotton is of course delicate, Kudos’ high sheets are even softer and free from dangerous elements and phthalates.
- Acquisition/distribution layer (ADL). The second layer is the ADL, which is a superb piece of revolutionary engineering that’s terrific for transferring moisture away out of your child’s delicate pores and skin and into the absorbent core of the diaper. Whereas conventional disposable diapers solely have one layer of ADL safety, Kudos Diapers have two—each of that are produced from plant-based, sustainable supplies.
- Absorbent core. Kudos’ core is made chlorine-free from sustainably harvested timber and premium SAP (tremendous absorbent polymer). At the moment, there aren’t any bio-based SAPS accessible proper now, however when there are, the Kudos firm has vowed to make the change. I’ll replace the submit if and when this adjustments.
- Barrier movie. The fourth layer of the Kudos diaper is a barrier movie produced from breathable polyethylene, which works to maintain moisture contained in the diaper so it doesn’t really feel moist to the contact.
- Again sheet. This refers back to the super-soft materials on the skin of the diaper. Conventional disposable diapers use plastic-made again sheets which might be engineered to really feel delicate. Nonetheless, the Kudos again sheet is produced from sugar cane-derived polyethylene, which is each sustainable and softer.
- Extra parts. The ultimate component of the diaper consists of small, further parts which might be positioned in direction of the skin of the diaper. Whereas they’re at the moment made from plastic, Kudos is engaged on plant-based prototypes for such objects.
Observe: Diapers produced from bamboo are stylish in the meanwhile, which makes them a well-liked alternative for environmentally aware mother and father. Nonetheless, as a result of the method of reworking the wood-like construction of bamboo into one thing delicate is just not so nice for the setting, Kudos doesn’t use it.
What Makes Kudos Totally different From Different Diaper Manufacturers?
So, what makes Kudos Diapers totally different from different pure cotton diapers? Nicely, for starters, Kudos is the primary firm (and nonetheless the one firm) to make a disposable diaper with a high sheet produced from 100% cotton. Cotton is the #1 physician really helpful materials for stopping/managing diaper rash & eczema, so having solely cotton contact your child’s pores and skin is vital! As I discussed earlier, many different massive model diapers use unsustainable high sheets which might be produced from plastic supplies (which have simply been engineered to really feel delicate).
Plastic is derived from fossil fuels, that means it doubtlessly accommodates dangerous VOCs and phthalates which might be absorbed by means of the pores and skin and identified to disrupt the endocrine system. These chemical substances and phthalates in diapers may cause diaper rash and different points.
To keep away from this, Kudos Diapers use 100% cotton that’s naturally delicate (not simply engineered to really feel like it’s!), sustainable (aka carbon unfavourable), hypoallergenic, and is the #1 doctor-recommended materials for these affected by rashes and eczema. Now that’s what I name elegant sustainability!
Professionals: What I Like About Kudos Diapers!
If I’m being sincere, there are loads of causes to love Kudos Diapers! If my children have been nonetheless in diapers, these can be those I’d be utilizing. Right here’s why:
- TruCotton. The Kudos Firm Diapers are made with TruCotton, which is 100% pure cotton fiber that has been fastidiously cleaned to unprecedented ranges. (By no means bleached. By no means scoured.) It’s made with a breakthrough dry course of that makes use of zero water, chemical substances, or course of warmth.
- Extremely-Comfortable. They’re the one disposable diaper the place the one factor touching your child’s backside is 100% breathable cotton. Cotton is likely one of the most naturally delicate, sustainable supplies and is a softer materials than what many different manufacturers use!
- Hypoallergenic. This implies Kudos Diapers are produced from renewable supplies and are free from something that may irritate your child’s pores and skin together with latex, perfume, and the normal, harsh chemical substances in disposable diapers.
- Absorbent. Do you know Kudos diaper’s cotton liners soak up 7x extra extra moisture than different common disposable diapers? (As a result of they do.)
- Mom Earth. Kudos Diapers are made with 4x extra plant-based parts than different main disposable diapers. Not solely that, however they’re OEKO-TEX Normal 100 verified to be freed from the highest 100 most dangerous chemical substances.
- DoubleDry™ Tech. Kudos’ staff of MIT and former Pampers engineers developed their DoubleDry™ Know-how with two moisture layers (as an alternative of 1 like different manufacturers), which protects your child’s backside from issues like diaper rash.
Cons: Different Issues To Think about
Whereas it’s pretty apparent that I’m an enormous fan of this model, that is an sincere diaper assessment so I’ve obtained to say the potential drawbacks. Listed here are another issues to contemplate when shopping for Kudos Diapers:
- Tabs. The tabs on these diapers are a bit powerful to peel again. (Nonetheless, are tough-to-peel tabs a purpose to not purchase nice diapers? I’ll go away that as much as you.)
- Dimension. These diapers are lengthy, however they’re not very extensive. Because of this, they may not match chubbier infants in addition to we want for them to.
- Value. Kudos Diapers are on the pricier facet, at $0.36-$0.52 per diaper relying on what number of you purchase at a time.
Are Kudos Diapers Proper For My Little one?
In terms of selecting the “proper” diaper in your child or toddler, most mother and father will discover they must compromise. Fabric diapering doesn’t match into loads of mother and father’ busy schedules, and pure diapers boast “non-toxic” advantages, but they compromise in different areas (like leakiness!).
That being mentioned, it’s as much as each mother or father to resolve for themselves whether or not Kudos Diapers (like all diapers) are going to be the fitting match for his or her household. Whereas I can’t make that call for you, I can say that Kudos are the one disposable diapers to have earned the cotton pure™ seal from Cotton Inc. for enabling child pores and skin to the touch 100% cotton all day, which was one thing I personally valued for my little ones.
For those who worth an environmentally pleasant diaper that’s unhazardous, hypoallergenic, and about as all-natural as a diaper may be, then Kudos may very well be an excellent match in your baby!
How Does The Kudos Subscription Work?
Are you interested by testing the Kudos waters? Questioning how the Kudos subscription works? Don’t fear, it’s easy. For simply $78/month, you’ll be able to have a month-to-month field (126 to 216 diapers) delivered proper to the doorstep. This may be nice for busy mother and father because you by no means have to consider ordering that subsequent field of diapers, and also you’ll by no means find yourself in a scenario once you don’t have sufficient diapers!
Observe that the precise variety of diapers you obtain depends upon your child’s development, because the extra your child grows, the less diapers they’ll want every day. Able to get began? Pay a go to to their web site to make both a one-time buy or join their month-to-month subscription.
Kudos Diapers FAQs
Listed here are the solutions to a few of the most ceaselessly requested questions on these disposable child diapers:
As one of many main eco-friendly diaper manufacturers, you’d suppose that Kudos Diapers can be each biodegradable and compostable, proper? Spoiler alert: no disposable diaper — even the “pure ones” — is 100% compostable.
It’s true that Kudos Diapers are produced from extra plant-based supplies than another disposable diaper model, however they nonetheless aren’t absolutely biodegradable. For that purpose, it is best to toss them within the trash once you’re completed with them. That being mentioned, Kudos did say they’re exploring partnerships with industrial firms to interrupt down the un-compostable elements of their diaper. So, keep tuned!
The price of Kudos Diapers adjustments relying on which buy possibility you select and the diaper amount you want. A month-to-month subscription prices $78/month, which equates to about $0.36/diaper. A one-time buy of a month-to-month field prices $88 or $0.41/diaper. Alternatively, you should purchase a half-month field for $45 ($0.42/diaper) or a pattern provide for $14 ($0.52/diaper).
I believe DoubleDry™ tech is certainly one of Kudos Diapers’ coolest options. In a nutshell, it’s their patent-pending absorbent know-how that boasts two absorption layers as an alternative of just one (which is what most disposable diapers have). Its objective is to funnel moisture away from infants’ bums as shortly as doable, leaving them cozy, dry, and leak-free.
Sure! Pure cotton lets your child’s backside breathe, making them preferrred for twenty-four/7 put on. And since the DoubleDry™ tech retains moisture at bay, they’re able to lasting a full 12 hours. It’s vital to notice that some prospects reported that their toddler wasn’t in a position to get by means of the night time of their Kudos diaper, however I believe that is totally different for every baby.
Considering investing in a field of Kudos Diapers? I hope this Kudos diapers assessment helped you to make a extra knowledgeable resolution. Whereas choosing the proper diaper will differ from mother or father to mother or father, Kudos is a reliable disposable diaper model that’s confirmed to maintain your child’s bum dry, snug, and free from dangerous chemical substances.
So, I encourage you to attempt them out and let me know what you suppose! And naturally, for extra wholesome child suggestions, try the opposite weblog posts in my Wholesome Youngsters sequence!