Tender oven roasted asparagus completed with a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice? Now that’s what I name the right facet dish of spring greens to spherical out a easy but wholesome meal.
You recognize spring has sprung when there’s contemporary asparagus roasting within the kitchen. My go-to breakfast routine is to make this asparagus with poached egg and prosciutto. I additionally like to plate roasted asparagus alongside a juicy baked salmon filet for dinner. However identical to any meal prepped veggie, oven roasted asparagus goes a good distance with a bit creativity (as seen on my spring meal prep!).
Oven Roasted Asparagus – Simply 4 Elements!
Positive, you can provide roasted asparagus a scrumptious makeover with varied spices or sauces. However a easy batch tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper at all times hits the spot. It’s a basic!
- Asparagus: With asparagus season in full swing, it’s best to have the ability to discover varied asparagus (thick and skinny, plus inexperienced, white, and even purple!). However for this recipe, I’m utilizing medium-sized inexperienced spears.
- Olive Oil: I at all times go for extra-virgin olive oil when roasting greens, however you can even use avocado oil.
- Garlic: Let me emphasize the phrase contemporary right here. Stick to contemporary garlic over garlic powder – belief me.
- Salt & Pepper: Only a sprinkle of each for the right savory contact. Plus, you may at all times add extra if wanted when style testing on the finish.
Discover the printable recipe with measurements beneath
How To Retailer Contemporary Asparagus
In the event you’re not cooking the asparagus straight away, right here’s a tip to maintain it as contemporary as attainable for roasting. Maintain it dry, unwashed, and trim the ends. Then place the bundle upright in a jar or container stuffed with 1 inch of water. It’ll hold within the fridge for two to three days.
How To Roast Asparagus
On the subject of roasting asparagus, it’s all concerning the timing. It doesn’t want a lot time to cook dinner, which suggests it’s additionally very straightforward to overcook. So ensure to keep away from comfortable, limpy spears ensure to learn the ideas beneath.
Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the asparagus. Snap off (or lower) and discard the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus. On the baking sheet, toss the asparagus spears with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then prepare them in a flat, even layer.
- Bake away! Bake for 7 to 12 minutes, till the spears are tender.
- Add the ultimate touches. Switch the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and drizzle contemporary lemon juice on high.
Professional tip: When you have skinny asparagus spears, roast for 7 to 9 minutes. For thicker spears, roast for 10 to 12 minutes.
Methods To Serve Roasted Asparagus
Roasted asparagus by no means fails served alongside a superbly seared or grilled hunk of steak. However let’s suppose exterior the field a bit right here. Deal with this as a easy veggie you could sneak into any meal. Right here’s a number of concepts to get these wheels turning.
- Make it the star at breakfast. I’m at all times wanting so as to add extra greens to breakfast. You possibly can cube it up and add it right into a spring breakfast hash topped with poached eggs, sauté it into an egg scramble, and even layer the spears in an omelette.
- Add it to a hearty bowl. Throw-together bowls are my jam, particularly after I’ve bought tons of random leftover substances in my fridge. So if you end up in the identical state of affairs, cube up the asparagus and add it to a bowl with leafy greens, rice, different colourful veggies, and a easy lemon French dressing.
Any leftovers will hold within the fridge for 3 to 4 days if saved in an hermetic container. Simply take into account that they are going to turn out to be softer over time, so it’s greatest to eat them contemporary!
Extra Roasted Greens
Who doesn’t love the simplicity of roasting greens? It naturally brings out their greatest taste with that candy, smoky char! Right here’s a number of extra roasted greens I really like…
Come spring, seize these contemporary bundles of asparagus and get to roasting! In the event you make this recipe, let me know the way it turned out. I’d love to listen to what you suppose within the feedback beneath.
Tender roasted asparagus completed with a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice? Now that is what we name the right facet of spring greens!
Energy: 87kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 7g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 5g, Sodium: 584mg, Potassium: 237mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 858IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 31mg, Iron: 3mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.