For an excellent fast and scrumptious dinner on busy weeknights, this Pork and Vegetable Lo Mein recipe is a must-try. Nothing beats a one-dish meal that additionally works nice when doubled for meal prep.
I like a dinner that’s straightforward sufficient to throw collectively even after I don’t really feel like cooking! It typically looks like the second you most wish to sit down and put your toes up on the finish of the day is when it’s time to get within the kitchen and make all of your hungry relations some meals.
This tremendous fast and straightforward Pork & Vegetable Lo Mein recipe not solely doesn’t take lengthy, but it surely’s additionally straightforward to double (and good) for leftovers! So skip your favourite Chinese language restaurant this week and make this straightforward recipe as an alternative.
What Is Lo Mein?
Lo Mein is a Chinese language dish consisting of sliced greens, noodles, and a protein (corresponding to meat or shrimp) all tossed collectively in a savory sauce to create an excellent straightforward one-dish meal. There are a number of variations, and I hope your loved ones enjoys this one as a lot as mine does!
Lo Mein vs Chow Mein
Many individuals are likely to confuse the 2 as a result of they give the impression of being very a lot alike, however the primary distinction comes all the way down to the way in which the noodles are ready. Chow mein noodles are cooked throughout the stir fry course of whereas lo mein noodles are cooked first and calmly blended and tossed with different elements.
What to Add to Your Lo Mein
The fantastic thing about this dish is that it really works nice once you’re cleansing out your fridge and wish to make use of up the final of your recent greens. Whereas extra conventional recipes name for elements corresponding to bok choy, snow peas, bamboo shoots, and sesame seeds, you may create a easy, but scrumptious variation utilizing no matter you might have readily available. You may also experiment with totally different proteins, like floor beef or sliced pork tenderloin.
Find out how to Make Pork and Vegetable Lo Mein
It actually doesn’t get any simpler than this noodle dish for a Chinese language Takeout substitute, particularly on a busy weeknight. And you will discover all of the elements at your native grocery retailer as an alternative of monitoring down an Asian market or specialty retailer.
- Prepare dinner noodles based on the package deal instructions and put aside with 1/2 cup of noodle water.
- Warmth the sesame oil after which add the bottom pork for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir within the garlic, ginger, and crimson pepper flakes.
- Make the sauce combination by pushing the meat to the facet and whisking within the reserved water, soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, and honey.
- Toss within the noodles and slaw, combine collectively, then garnish with choopped peanuts and inexperienced onions.
Pork and Veggie Lo Mein Components
- Brown Rice Noodles – You should use both lo mein noodles or ramen for this recipe relying on what you will discover or choose.
- Toasted sesame oil – For a extra genuine taste, we use this to prepare dinner the pork as an alternative of olive oil.
- Floor pork – We suggest native, humanely raised meat or Butcher Field.
- Garlic cloves – Peeled and minced, giving this dish a scrumptious savory taste.
- Recent ginger – Peeled and minced. One other must-have ingredient for taste.
- Crimson pepper flakes – You possibly can add extra in the event you like slightly extra kick.
- Soy sauce – This would be the base to your sauce, we suggest low-sodium soy sauce.
- Peanut butter – Used to create a easy and creamy sauce.
- Lime juice – We suggest recent if doable.
- Honey – We use honey to sweeten up the sauce, however be at liberty to make use of maple syrup, too.
- Coleslaw – You may also minimize purple cabbage into skinny strips.
- Roasted peanuts – Chopped so as to add a pleasant crunch.
- Inexperienced onions – Chopped and used for garnish.
Different Asian Impressed Recipes
The primary components to recollect is thinly sliced veggies + chopped/floor protein + noodles for any lo mein recipe. Don’t order Chinese language takeout, make this straightforward Pork Lo Mein recipe at house as an alternative!