Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups have been all the time my favourite sweet as a child. Basic case of nostalgia.
Throughout Halloween I’d undergo my bag and select all Reese’s and set them apart for additional particular deal with days. I needed to savor them as a result of Mother didn’t purchase Reese’s typically. When Easter got here alongside and Reese’s eggs have been fashionable, I used to be allowed to have precisely one and rattling did I cherish that Reese’s egg with my total soul.
To be trustworthy, Tony and I really like white chocolate Reese’s eggs, particularly once they’re stored within the fridge. I notice they’re in all probability not the most effective, however each every so often we purchase them as a particular deal with for our film nights.
That was till I made a decision to make my very own wholesome peanut butter eggs again in 2016 (sure, 6 years in the past!) with none refined sweeteners, dairy or junk I couldn’t pronounce. Now now we have these lovely vegan Reese’s eggs virtually each week, maintaining them within the freezer for after we’re craving one thing candy. Bonus factors: they’re the proper candy deal with for Easter that kiddos will LOVE.
Every thing you should make wholesome Reese’s eggs
These vegan Reese’s peanut butter eggs are EVERYTHING and so easy to make! When you love Reese’s in any manner form or type, I can assure that you’ll fall in love with this recipe. These low carb peanut butter eggs are additionally grain free, gluten free, dairy free, which implies that anybody and everybody will completely adore these. Listed below are the 4 elements you’ll want:
- Peanut butter: please use a creamy peanut butter with simply peanuts + salt, or simply peanuts. That’s what works finest for this recipe. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Associates. When you use a Dealer Joe’s model, you might want so as to add additional coconut flour, as a result of their model is extremely runny. In case you have a peanut allergy you might additionally attempt cashew, almond or sunflower seed butter!
- Pure maple syrup: many selfmade peanut butter eggs are made with powdered sugar, however we’re naturally sweetening these Reese’s eggs with pure maple syrup. You may as well use honey when you’re not vegan.
- Coconut flour: a little bit coconut flour provides fiber and helps thicken the peanut butter eggs to bind the whole lot collectively. It really works like magic.
- Darkish chocolate: I really like utilizing darkish chocolate chips or dairy free & vegan chocolate. There are a lot of fantastic manufacturers on the market to select from.
Can I exploit a distinct flour?
When you don’t have coconut flour, almond flour could be a very good substitute in these peanut butter eggs. Please be aware that you simply’d doubtless want no less than 1/4 – 1/3 cup of almond flour till you obtain the appropriate consistency. I might not advocate different flours. For instance, all function flour just isn’t supposed to be eaten uncooked so don’t sub that in.
Make them paleo
Sure, these wholesome Reese’s eggs may also be made paleo by merely utilizing almond butter or cashew butter! Make sure their elements are simply nuts and salt.
Strive a white chocolate model
As I discussed, Tony and I really like storing the white chocolate Reese’s eggs in our freezer once they hit the cabinets over Easter. Be happy to make these peanut butter eggs with white chocolate by merely swapping the darkish chocolate to white chocolate chips or a white chocolate bar!
make peanut butter eggs
- Make the batter. In a medium bowl, combine collectively peanut butter, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. Add one other tablespoon or two of coconut flour if the batter is tremendous runny. The peanut butter combination must be sticky like a moist cookie dough.
- Form the eggs. Use a cookie scoop to drop peanut butter combination by the tablespoonful onto a parchment lined small baking sheet. Barely flatten the highest of every along with your fingertips and form into an ‘egg form’ if you need. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put within the freezer for 20 minutes to 1 hour. The longer the eggs keep within the freezer, the better will probably be to dip them.
- Dip the eggs. After about half-hour, soften the chocolate bar in a small saucepan over very low warmth, stirring continuously. Switch melted chocolate to a small heat bowl, enable chocolate to chill for five minutes earlier than dunking the eggs. Rapidly use a fork to dip every peanut butter egg into chocolate. Make sure that to coat evenly.
- Freeze & serve. Switch again to parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a little bit coarse sea salt if desired. Instantly place baking sheet again in freezer for half-hour to 1 hour. Makes 8 giant vegan Reese’s eggs.
Ideas for selfmade Reese’s eggs
- Alter the flour. Relying in your peanut butter, you might want to make use of extra coconut flour. Wherever from 1-3 tablespoons is often excellent. I usually by no means want greater than 2 tablespoons for these eggs.
- Make the most of your fridge. In case your peanut butter dough seems to be too runny or smooth, be happy to pop it within the fridge for 10-20 minutes earlier than forming the eggs.
- Maintain the chocolate room temp. Soften the chocolate 10 minutes earlier than you’re able to coat your eggs. Room temperature melted chocolate is healthier than scorching melted chocolate; if the chocolate is just too scorching, it could actually soften the peanut butter.
- Soften earlier than consuming. Be happy to pop them within the fridge for a few minutes earlier than you eat them in order that they soften up only a bit.
Make sure to retailer these vegan Reese’s eggs in your freezer. I like to recommend a freezer-friendly bag or container to maintain these treats frozen. These low carb Reese’s eggs can keep in your freezer for as much as 3 months, so go forward and make a double batch when you’d like!
Extra no bake desserts to attempt
Get all of our scrumptious vegan dessert recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these 4-ingredient wholesome Reese’s eggs! When you make them, I’d love so that you can depart a remark and a score letting me know the way you favored them. I actually respect it, xo!
Wholesome 4 Ingredient Reese’s Eggs (gluten free, vegan)
Simple wholesome Reese’s eggs made with solely 4 easy elements! These selfmade vegan Reese’s eggs are low carb, gluten free, low sugar and have an excellent peanut butter center for the proper no bake deal with that everybody loves.
pure drippy peanut butter (simply peanuts & salt)
pure maple syrup
coconut flour (begin with 2 and add one other if vital)
72% darkish chocolate bar, vegan if desired
- Optionally available: Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on high
In a medium bowl, combine collectively peanut butter, maple syrup and a pair of tablespoons coconut flour till easy. The peanut butter combination must be sticky like a moist cookie dough. In case your peanut butter dough seems to be too runny or smooth, be happy so as to add 1 extra tablespoon of coconut flour and/or pop the dough within the fridge for 10-20 minutes earlier than forming the eggs. Often after about 5-10 minutes of sitting the coconut flour absorbs a number of the liquid.
Use a cookie scoop to drop peanut butter combination by the tablespoonful onto a parchment lined small baking sheet — it’s best to get 8 eggs complete. Barely flatten the highest of every along with your fingertips and type into an egg form if you would like. Place baking sheet within the freezer for 20 minutes-1 hour. The longer the eggs sit within the freezer, the better they are going to be to dip in chocolate.
As soon as you’re able to coat the eggs, soften the chocolate bar in a small saucepan over very low warmth, stirring continuously. Switch melted chocolate to a small heat bowl. Room temperature or barely heat melted chocolate is healthier than ‘scorching’ melted chocolate; if the chocolate is just too scorching, it could actually soften the peanut butter.
Rapidly use a fork to dip every peanut butter egg into chocolate. Make sure that to coat evenly. Switch again to parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a little bit coarse sea salt if desired. If there’s additional chocolate on the finish, you possibly can drizzle it vigorously over every egg for a reasonably easter egg look. Instantly place baking sheet again in freezer for half-hour to 1 hour or so long as you want till hardened. As soon as hardened utterly retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge or freezer till able to eat. Makes 8 giant peanut butter eggs.
make these paleo: Use cashew butter or almond butter, simply be sure they’re all pure with no added elements. I like making my very own!
retailer: Make sure to retailer these vegan Reese’s eggs in your freezer. I like to recommend a freezer-friendly bag or container to maintain these treats frozen. These low carb Reese’s eggs can keep in your freezer for as much as 3 months, so go forward and make a double batch if you would like.
If you do not have coconut flour, almond flour could be a very good substitute, though, you’d doubtless want no less than 1/4-1/3 cup of almond flour till you obtain the appropriate consistency. I might not advocate different flours.
Be happy to pop them within the fridge or allow them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes earlier than you eat them in order that they soften up only a bit.
Servings: 8 eggs
Serving dimension: 1 reese’s egg
Saturated fats: 4.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed in 2016, republished on March 15h, 2021, and republished on April twelfth, 2022.